Business Funding Expose to be presented by Women’s Business Center and Women in Defense Greater Hampton Roads
Business professionals can explore the funding options to operate and grow their business during the Charting Your Course through Business Financing—an informative three-part series being presented by the Women’s Business Center in conjunction with the Women in Defense Greater Hampton Roads. The business funding expose will be held August 31, September 28, and October 26, at Innovation Research Park II, 4211 Monarch Way on the campus of Old Dominion University. Registration fee is just $65 for all three Thursday morning sessions that will take place from 8:45 a.m. to noon.
“This event will help business owners get equipped to secure the financing they need,” said Erika Small-Sisco, Program Manager for the Women’s Business Center. “Participants can also discover how business and personal finance connect and how to maximize both.”
Moderated by Rachel Marshall, president of Marshall’s Insurance and Financial Services, the event will feature a variety of engaging presentations by guest speakers including:
- Chris Zobel, senior area manager, Hampton Roads Small Business Administration
- Chris Topping, small business loan officer, Virginia Community Capital
- Sabrina Davis, manager, Fulton Bank
- Sean Washington, business development manager, City of Norfolk Economic Development
- Lynn Pierce, vice president, Tidewater Business Financing Corporation
- Jeff Richardson, president, Beach Commercial
- Chris Shelton, managing director, ODU Innovation Center
- Jeff Ganthner, principal and mid-atlantic manager, Burns and McDonnell
- Lisa DeCoste, vice president commercial banking, Fulton Bank
- Joe Thatcher, senior account executive, CSC Leasing
The Women in Defense’s Corporate Partner --Newport News Shipbuilding—is instrumental in presenting Charting Your Course through Business Financing. To register for the event, visit https://business-financing.eventbrite.com. Register by August 24, and save $5.
For more information, contact Rachel Marshall at (757) 410-4678 or Erika Small-Sisco at (757) 683-5517.